5th March 2011 @ Coalition, Kings road Arches, Brighton
JUGGERNAUT & ENERGY UNION PRESENT
SKRILLEX (mau5trap / big beat) exclusive debut european tour
COLDCUT 'ENERGY UNION' FILM
live a/v remix by MATT BLACK (coldcut/ ninja tune)
JFB (av set)
VJS: MATT BLACK & 4YOUREYE
BRIGHTONART'S a/v interactive installation ‘GRIDIO’
Energy Union Intelligent Energy Exhibition
& info Stand with Friends of the Earth Brighton
& solar power by FIREFLY
1-5 march 10am-5pm @ Jubilee Library, Jubilee Square, Brighton
energy union intelligent energy exhibition & info stand
with Friends of the Earth Brighton
5 march 3pm-5.30pm @ The Basement, Kensington st, Brighton
Our City, Our Future: open Policy Forum
From 1 – 5 March at Jubilee Library, Brighton & Hove Friends of the Earth asked people what they feel should change or happen in the city to reduce the amount of energy we use and to minimise our impact on the environment.
These ideas were used to steer a ‘Question Time’ style debate at 3pm, Saturday 5 March at the Basement. Audience participation was actively encouraged. Suggestions were debated and where practical, politicians were asked to say how might be enacted. Brighton & Hove already has aspirations to become a Low-Carbon city but it needs greater ambition to achieve this. This event offers a chance to kick-start that process.
Chair: Roger French OBE DL, MD - Brighton & Hove Buses, chair - Brighton & Hove Strategic Partnership.
- Councillor Ayas Fallon Khan (Conservative) Cabinet Member for Enterprise, Employment & Major Projects and Lead Councillor for Sustainability;
- Councillor Warren Morgan (Labour) and Councillor Paul Steedman (Green);
- Councillor Paul Steedman (Green) Green's spokesperson on sustainable issues;
- Diane Smith, responsible for Europe-wide projects on sustainable development at the Town & Country Planning Association;
- Becca Melhuish, Ethical & Environmental Officer at University of Sussex Students Union.
This event was broadcast live on the internet. The recording can be viewed at this address:
Many thanks to Brighton & Hove City Council for this media support.
The event was also broadcast on Radio Free Brighton:
Part 1 was at midnight on Monday night (7.march), part 2 on Tuesday 8.march at midday and midnight.